- Puppies - the dogs naturally gravitate toward J with their love and kisses. While he's gone I'm getting it. It is nice.
- TV - I get to watch what I want when I want and no running commentary on how "gay or dumb" a show is. I get to watch "Say Yes to the Dress" and "Dancing with the Stars" in peace.
- Working on me - J has no problem with me doing stuff for myself but when he's home I love spending time with myself. This time alone is helping me focus on me and learn some balance.
- Having the bed alone - (well almost) I share it with two puppies but I get to spread out and sleep in the middle.
- Eating what I want - sometimes I don't feel like cooking sometimes I like eating grilled cheese two nights in a row. And while he's gone it's easy. I eat what I want. And knowing when I come home everything I left in the fridge will still be there. lol
- Our Relationship - because we don't see each other everyday we have to find other ways to communicate. Thank God for technology! And so in some ways I think we are stronger in our relationship because of it.
- My friends - I have been surprised at some of the people I thought would check often and don't and some of the people I thought wouldn't care but do. It has been a learning experience.
- Work - Both J and I have observed that we are able to give work more during deployment because we aren't worried about going home to the other.
- Hobbies - I'm getting back into some things I haven't done in a while.
- My Faith - I now have the mantra "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" I am convinced that without God I wouldn't survive this.
Monday, August 22, 2011
All too often during deployments I think it is easy to focus on the negatives of deployment. I've decided to do a top 10 of the positives of deployment.