Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Restarting for Health (take 200) for Lent

Planet Fitness
Planet Fitness
For the season of Lent we (my husband and I) decided to take on a healthier lifestyle. For us that meant working out Monday through Friday and watching our portions/food choices. We started on March 6th on the Thursday after Ash Wednesday using our existing membership to Planet Fitness. We have worked out every Monday through Friday since then. We've both been watching food choices and portions. 

Here's my typical workout schedule for the week:
Monday - 45 minutes on the Arc Trainer + Strength Training for Lower Back and Abs using weight machines
Tuesday - 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer + Strength Training for Upper Back, Shoulders, and Arms using weight machines
Wednesday - 25-30 minutes on the Arc Trainer on my lunch hour
Thursday - 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer + Strength Training for Legs using weight machines
Friday - 45 minutes on the Arc Trainer + Strength Training for Lower Back and Abs using weight machines
Saturday - Intentional steps (ex. park further away, walk a shopping center, walk puppies)
Sunday - Rest Day

Results to Date:
Me:
Starting weight - (March 6th) - 250 lbs
Current weight - 248 lbs 

J:
Starting weight - (March 6th) - 242 lbs
Current weight - 228 lbs

Side note: I'm pretty sure that another punishment to women in the Garden for eating the apple was that men can and WILL lose weight far easier and faster than we ever will. 

A surprising side effect for me is that although I've only dropped 2 lbs I'm seeing muscle tone develop, I'm feeling better, I have more energy, and I feel like I'm rediscovering my old self. I have a goal to get down to 150 lbs. I do not have a date for this. Slow and steady wins the race. I want to be healthier, feel better, and look better. This will happen all in due time. 


0 comments: