Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We joined the Y

Last night we joined the Y. The paperwork is done...we paid our $7 for the rest of the month. We have our cards to check in. We have an appointment scheduled for orientation. We are good. We didn't work out last night because J had a soccer game and by the time the paperwork was done it was too late to start a good workout so tonight will be the first night. I'm looking forward to it. I miss it.

We're also eating healthier. Last night I fixed very yummy broiled chicken that I had marinaded in Mrs. Dash's Lemon Pepper marinade. We weren't thrilled with the marinade it was a little too lemony for our taste but the chicken was nice and moist. I also fixed a Weight Watcher recipe that was really yummy...Balsamic Green Beans. It was easy...I used my Pampered Chef microsteamer to steam some Trader Joe's french green beans (a staple in my freezer) for about 3 minutes in the microwave. Then I melted a tablespoon of butter and mixed in a few teaspoons of Balsamic vinegar. Poured that over the green beans they were yummy.

I was still hungry a bit later and J said "you're just going to be hungry" I disagreed so I went and got a glass of milk with a squirt of Hershey's...and I was good. We diet differently...he goes to extremes. I can't do that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dinner sounds delicious. Hope you have fun at the Y!

Chibi said...

Thank you! I forgot how filling chocolate milk is for me -- great snack plus a dose of calcium. :)