Saturday, August 11, 2012

6th Bead Soup 2nd Reveal


Bead Soup Reveal

I haven't done a bead soup project in a while because of crazy schedules. I missed doing them. This one was fun. My partner Pam sent me a lot of fun beads and goodies. It took me a little while to decide what to do with my gems. I hadn't made a fiber necklace in a while so I decided to go that route. Pam sent me some really pretty fiber that I incorporated into the necklace. When you're done here make sure you take a moment to head to her blog...
Purple Notes from the Studio and the other lovelies below. (my camera hasn't been working too well so the pictures came out a bit dark...I have a friend coming tomorrow to take a few more so I'll post those later)
The collection of beady goodness

The stunning focal and clasp
And now for the creation...

The focal with some of the fiber and the beads
This is my first time using a clasp on a fiber necklace...I have a few thoughts for next time
The necklace...I love the silver spirals she sent they add some  extra whimsy

Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andra Weber, Andra's Joyful Journey
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barb Fernald, Barbara S. Fernald Jewelry 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Davis, Natural Treasures by Deb
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead


Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio


Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads


Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Krafty Max, Krafty Max Originals
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae


Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Lodge, Pine Ridge Treasures


Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Marcia Dunne, The Alternative Foundry
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place


 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Melissa Muir, Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs


Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle


Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 


Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

40 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work. I married a sailor myself so I enjoyed exploring your blog. I may have to create my own deployment bucket list next time.

A Polymer Penchant said...

very fun, like peacock feather suggestive. Great work

Shai Williams said...

I just love the necklace! It is so light and airy.

Unknown said...

Noce necklace...it's so light ^_^

Sandra said...

very lovely necklace!

flyingbeader said...

I adore fabric jewelry. Just did a review of a new Lark book & want to play more with fabrics

Andra said...

What a great necklace. It looks like you didn't forget how to work with fiber. You will have fun wearing that necklace!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Congratulation ! It”s wonderful !

Tammie T Everly said...

Hello fellow Hampton Roads Navy wife :-) I agree with the poster above who said 'peacock feather', that was my first thought when I saw your piece. We should have collaborated, because I got an ACTUAL peacock feather focal! NIce job~

Andrea said...

Great use of the fiber. I am very uncomfortable with using fiber. Afraid it won't hold up.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors... interesting use of fiber! Great job! Fun to hop your blog!!!
Kris

Unknown said...

Very lovely and so unique.Love and hugs Tanya

Sandi Volpe said...

Beautiful design and colors.

Regina said...

What a fun necklace, love the color combination of your bead soup.

Lola said...

Light and lively ... I love the colors!

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

a very beautiful piece. I love how you used the fiber. ~diana

Kepi said...

Beautiful, right out of a fairy tale.

one-eared pig said...

So pretty and airy. I want to reach out and touch it!

Alice said...

Beautiful! I love the airy look about this piece. I'm a bit jealous because I've never been able to use fibers without them looking like a rats nest. Nice job!

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Your necklace is really cool, I have never worked with fibers like that before and it is really beautiful.
Sonya

adlinah said...

A very original necklace. I really like the whole peacock feathery thing you have going. Great job on your bead soup!

Amy's said...

lovely ,fun necklace.I like it.

Astrid said...

Lovely and ethereal,beautiful design work and I bet it's so much fun to wear!

Pam said...

You did an awesome job. Thanks for being my partner. :)

Mags said...

So lovely :-)

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Megan,
Your necklace is beautiful and like some of the others the first thought I had was it looks like a peacock feather. Great job.
Therese

Lori Anderson said...

I agree, it does look like a peacock feather -- so pretty! Thanks for playing!

april grinaway said...

Totally cool what you did with the feathers ~ Love !

re-maker said...

I would have been totally intimidated by that focal bead, but not you! I love the way you used the feathered cord to contrast against the solidity of the focal. very nicely done!

Jean A. Wells said...

Very pretty feathery necklace. Very whimsical. Great job!

CraftyHope said...

What a really neat design. Yes, those spiral are super cool and I am betting that the whispy-ness of the fiber give the necklace a very fantastical feel to it when worn. Nicely done!!

Kim said...

Very pretty necklace, reminds me of a peacock feather.

Heather said...

Very pretty!

fireflymyst said...

Very pretty designs!

Anindita Basu said...

Very delicate beautiful piece. I love what you did with the mixed media. Cool.

Anonymous said...

a delicate airy necklace! Beautiful!

BluMoon said...

A lovely delicate necklace, beautiful!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

That fibre looks lovely - like peacock feathers and I love the sprinkle of beads along the other strands. It looks so light and airy.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty...I love the fabric like peacock feathers. Great job!

baymoondesign said...

Beautiful colors!