Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Journey with Jenny: First Weigh-In


So on August 11th I went into the Jenny Craig Center and signed for a year long program under the Premium Success Program. I got my first two weeks of food because the center is about 45 minutes to an hour away I don't plan to go to the center every week. I'll do my alternate week check-ins by phone. So this past Saturday in the middle of a crazy rain storm that rivaled some of the hurricanes we've had I drove to the center to get my food (and my Mom's) and to do my first in person meeting and weigh in. So here it is.

8/11/2012: Starting Weight: 246.6
8/25/2012: 240.2 = 6.4 loss *insert excited squeal here*

My Mom asked me what I thought it was about this program that I was willing to follow it as opposed to some of the other programs that I ignored the advice and did what I wanted. Personally I think it is because they tell me what to eat. I have printed menus that say eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and add fruit, salad, or veges here or there. Which makes it really easy to do. Also their food is really quite tasty, there have only been a few things that I didn't like and those were just my personal taste someone else might love them.

On this program they really encourage you to eat only their food every day for every meal and snack but I will admit sometimes I just want something from a restaurant with company. But I've followed their advice and examples for what to eat and have learned to limit portion sizes, etc.


0 comments: