Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sweatin' Like It's 1980...

I'm not an exercise person. Ok I've said it. But I know that exercise is important for your health and to lose weight. So I've been in search of something that would get me motivated to go. I am still working on the walking/jogging for 5ks, etc. but I wanted something else to give me some exercise. So when a Groupon popped up for our local jazzercise classes I decided to give it a try.

I went to my first class last week. I love it! It is so much fun. I felt like a goof because I didn't know all the moves but I liked it. It included stretching, aerobics, and some strength training. I'm looking forward to using the rest of my Groupon then I'll decide what to do from there.  

I am also wanting to try some of the aqua aerobics at the Y too just to see how those are. I know they say variety is the spice of life and I think for me that is so true with exercise. 

What is your favorite exercise?


2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I went to Jazzercise for 20 years!!! I just recently stopped because their schedule got moved around & didnt fit with mine.

But I LOVE everything Jazzercise. It really is a great workout... & they make it fun!

I loved more then anything the music. Always changing it up!

Thomas - WHAT said...

Fav exercises would be sprinting and jump rope and for my wife I think is zumba. Though she doesn't lose as much as she thought she would from the classes she just enjoys the people and group setting.