Monday, June 22, 2009

Weight Watcher Weigh-In Week 10

So blogging keeps you honest. And checking in keeps you focused. I went to the early meeting this week. Our regular leader was out so we had a substitute. I liked her a lot and I liked going to the 8:00 meeting because then I had the rest of the day. My results on the scale weren't so good. But I admit I'm not surprised. Last week was a rough week food wise. I worked late a lot and had a stressful week and I did what I do best...stress eat. And it caught up with me. But that is OK. I will work on it more this week. And weight loss is a journey. There are ups and downs. I plan on going back and rereading my materials from earlier weeks to help me restart. And I also know part of the weight could be related to girl issues. But I think the food is more likely.

Weigh-In
Weigh-in: +2.4
Total: -7.2

I admit it is only 2 lbs. It is not a big deal. It can be lost again. And I am learning what things work and what things don't. That is important. And I know I will never be perfect about it but that is the reality of my life. Perfection is impossible.

This week I'm going to add activity. I've been trying to do that for a while but it hasn't worked. Mainly I haven't made it a priority. This week I'm going to try and get a 30 minute workout in three times. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm also trying the Berry Weight Watchers smoothie. It is their summer flavor. I'll let you know how it is.

On the journey.

Meeting Topic: Breakfast

Your Mom was right...breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gets you going and more importantly it gets your metabolism going. So here is how the session went...

Excuses
The most common excuse was lack of time. Here is a list of ideas in 5 minutes or less.
  • smoothies (WW of course)...lovin' the WW Berry Smoothie...very summery
  • oatmeal w/fruit
  • wraps
  • fiber cereal with milk
  • yogurt
  • waffle
  • pb, nutella, banana wrap
  • string cheese
  • hard boiled eggs (made ahead or bought)
  • whole wheat muffin with egg & cheese
~~Preparation makes a difference. ~~

Ideas (from fellow members)

  • cereal
  • cheese toast
  • eggs, turkey bacon, 1/2 bagel
  • egg mcmuffin
  • WW oatmeal
  • ham & cheese egg roll
  • cheese tortilla
  • already cooked bacon
  • pancakes
  • waffles
Variety

Make sure you change it up. Your body gets used to food...you get bored...that can lead to disaster.

Filling Foods


Go for filling foods they stay with you longer.

  • grits
  • oatmeal
  • eggs
  • cream of wheat (for me this goes fast...crazy fast)
Fuel Up

Just like you wouldn't go on a long trip without filling the gas tank of your car you shouldn't go on your "long trip" without filling up your tank. You need food to have energy. Food is good.

Sharing Favorites

The leader gave us a recipe for a "baggie omelet" you put your omelet ingredients in a freezer bag and put it in boiling water for 13 minutes until cooked. She said it was good for a camping trip and/or on the go. (I myself think this seems like more work than doing it in a pan or the microwave but that is just me.)

So eat your breakfast. It is good for you. And Mom was right.

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I LOVE cream of wheat. I add 1/4c chopped nuts and an ounce of chopped Dove dark chocolate. Two MUFAs at once!
Path to Health

Mary said...

Of course there are ups and downs! What matters is the future, let last week be past and you will be GREAT again this week :>

And yes 2 lbs will be gone in no time!
Cheering you on!