So here are Weight Watcher Weigh-In results....
I totally missed the meeting because we were running late getting our sick puppy to the vet. But I walked in at the end and the leader was performing a marriage ceremony of members and Weight Watchers. Don't know the details there. But it was interesting.
Total: - 9.6
I made it to the meeting this week. And the topic was very appropriate to those of us on a budget.
"Trim the Cost While Maximizing Efforts"
The leader had the following suggestions...
- Make a list - when shopping have a list and stick to it...extras = more $$
- Think filling foods - a bag of apples may be similar in cost to a bag of chips but the apples will last much longer
- BYO - bring your own...I do this for snacks at work I keep a cooler by my desk with WW friendly food...it keeps me honest
- Buy in Bulk - Go to one of the warehouse centers and buy big...then divide and freeze
- Raid Freezer or go canned - look at what you have in the house...don't go buy things until you know what you have and plan around what you have
- DIY - make bread, make hamburgers, etc instead of buying already made
- Buy in season - for fruits and vegetables perhaps even go to a farmers market
- Patrol portions - this helps your waist line and your budget
- Clip coupons - I'm bad at this but it really can save mad money
- Be a bean counter - she didn't explain this but I'm guessing she means use foods like beans that are lower cost and higher filling