Monday, February 8, 2010

My Summary

You know it was a busy weekend when you are happy to be back at work to relax....

Friday the weather started to decline while I was at started snaining (a cross between snow and rain) but the roads were fine no biggie. So when I got home the hubby and I went to Lowe's...
{A brief history...when I moved in with my husband I had a 30-32 inch TV and he had a 50 inch...mine went in the basement. Well a few weeks ago the big TV died...people went blue and then the screen went black. It was going to cost $750 to fix so a replacement was coming. My husband wants a 54 inch flat screen mounted above the fireplace. I wanted to eventually change the color in the living room. So we painted this weekend in anticipation of the new TV that we will get soon.}

We bought lovely light gray paint and dark gray We went to dinner at Panera (I could live there), to the pet store and then we went home for the night. We decided we would wait until the next day to begin painting. So we cuddled on the couch with the puppies and watched Walking Tall and Numbers.

Saturday with rain coming down we started cleaning the room and patching holes to get the walls ready. Then we started painting. We painted from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. with a brief break for lunch (cold meat sandwiches) and dinner (amazing buffalo chicken sandwiches thanks d.a.r. for the recipe). And following painting I got a crock pot of chili going (I'm not a big fan but J loves it so...) The funny part was the puppies...they would have crazy moments...then try to lick paint...then curl up on the couch. They were distressed we knew this but we wanted them to be out while we worked. They wanted us to stop working and pay attention to them. We got looks the kind of looks that break your heart. So we would take "union breaks" J would go smoke...I would smother puppies with love. It seemed to help. But they loved the end of the day where we curled up on the couch with them.

Sunday we were going to go to church but it was a bit too icy so we decided we'd stay home and play it safe. So we started painting. Then took a break to go to Lowe's to get a few more supplies, Farm Fresh for some groceries, and then Taco Bell for some lunch. Then we came home and painted some more...until kick-off. The puppies had another rough day lacking attention but again they got to cuddle during the Super Bowl with us so that worked out well.

I woke up a bit tired and a bit sore from a long but productive weekend. Pictures to follow soon!!!