Since then I've struggled with my weight. I was always heavier than most of my friends. In high school I had some luck losing weight but I gained it back my senior year. Then in college I lost some weight. But when I got into the relationship with my now ex-husband I gained a lot of weight due to emotional eating and unhealthy meals. I will say this I'm excellent with maintenance. I've remained within about 5-10 pounds of that weight. I've had several 10-15 pound loses but then I have 10-20 pound gains.
This time is different. So far since January 6th I've lost 6 lbs and every week I've had a loss. And here are some of my thoughts on why...
- I'm leading the class so I want to be a good example
- I'm not making drastic changes but I am making changes
- I'm trying to sneak in activity
- I don't feel deprived
- I've almost completely given up my Coke drinking addiction (I occasionally have a kids Coke at a fast food resturant)
- I'm getting balanced with mind, body, spirit, and heart
- I'm doing Bible study daily
- I'm putting more faith in God and myself
- I'm putting Christ first in my life
- I'm putting myself first