(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas...by far because it has a great message about what Christmas is about. But it is followed closely by Charlie Brown's Christmas
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story...now I know many may disagree but this movie does nothing to put me in the Christmas spirit.
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night.... how can you not love it. It is amazing. It is what it is all about.
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Although I'm not a fan of Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer...I despise...the Christmas Donkey song.
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
Egg Nog for cold...Apple Cider for warm
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Coming into the living room and seeing the tree and our stockings. That and going to Christmas Eve service with Mom.
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
My blue and white bear. We had a Christmas gift exchange in 5th Grade and we all had to bring a $5 or less gift to exchange. I went out with my mom and picked out a good gift (by 5th grade standards) and wrapped it all pretty to take to school. And it came time to do the gift exchange. I picked a gift in a paper bag and opened it to find a well loved, slightly beat up, grungy bear. I was crushed. I took it back to my desk and took it home to my Mom. She looked at it and said to me that although we had the money to go buy a gift this was probably the best that someone had. It was probably a beloved toy that they gave as a gift because they wanted to give their best. I still have that bear. It reminds me that sometimes we give the best we have and not to compare with others.
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Don't really have one. I love getting gifts and giving gifts.
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
The atmosphere of music, lights, hustle & bustle, etc.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
Angel...but right now because of our pets we bypass a tree and our angel sits on our mantel.
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
Mint Salad...my Mom has made this every Christmas since I can remember and I love it. Lime jello, Cool Whip, buttermints, and pineapple. Yumminess.
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
A Who...because I just love everything about Christmas. Even though it is chaos in my job.
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
Love going to look at them. But I haven't done one in a while.
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
CREEPY...I hated them as a child and I'm not too fond of them now. Although our preschool has a Christmas program with a Santa and he's ok because I know him.
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
I haven't in a while. I used to but then I'd miss Christmas and Christmas cards in July miss something.
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Jesus' birth. Does it get any better?
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
People being impatient and rude while trying to Christmas shop
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
Refer to #11
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?
Swans a swimming...I think swans are pretty.
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
Because they needed to have a goofy song
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
I believe Santa Claus is very much a part of Christmas and we need to keep the spirit of giving alive.
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
Sugar Cookies...I love the smell of them baking
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
Spending time with friends and family