It is a variation on a Weight Watchers recipe that I improvised with what I had.
Easy Shepherd's Pie (Makes four servings)
1 lb ground turkey breast - make sure it is turkey breast it is leaner
8-10 oz Jar of turkey gravy - I use Boston Market Brand
12 oz bag of frozen peas, carrots, and corn mixture - the one with green beans works well too
4 servings of instant mashed potatoes - last night we made real mashed potatoes because we needed to use up our potatoes
Pepper & Salt
Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Cook the turkey breast until there is no pink left. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste. I use a lot of pepper because we like it. Drain or spread out on paper towel to remove excess grease. (there isn't much)
- Put frozen vegetables and gravy in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently.
- Mix cooked turkey into gravy mixture. Stir to prevent burning.
- Make four servings of mashed potatoes while vegetable mixture is getting warm.
- Divide gravy mixture among four plates or bowls. Put a scoop of mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese and pepper.