Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Getting To Know You...

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your blogger friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post on your blog, if you have one. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.

Yes, I know you're thinking "Puhlease, another list?" Yes. Another list. I like hearing this kind of stuff about you all! LOVE IT. I can't wait to read your answers!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping gifts but I admit I use gift bags a lot to save time.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Currently we don't have a tree but I love a real tree.



3. When do you put up the tree? See above...


4. When do you take the tree down? See above...


5. Do you like eggnog? I love it...especially with a touch of nutmeg...and some Captains', some brandy, and a splash of Amaretto.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Little Pony Castle


7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. I often get him a gift card because I don't know what else to get him.


8. Easiest person to buy for? My Husband.


9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a number of them and J has one too so we have plenty.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? All gifts are good because they are given with love.



12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas (Always teary at the end) or How the Grinch Stole Christmas



13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As early as I start finding things...


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I try really hard not to...I'm not opposed to re-gifting but I think it can backfire.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies and Fudge

16. Lights on the tree? Tons of them

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at Home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Most of them

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel...we currently have a mechanical one who has issues...she makes a weird shrieking noise from time to time

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crazy drivers in parking lots

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? a 1976 Hallmark Train ornament my parents bought the year I was born

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? mint salad...so yummy!


25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Spend time with family


26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Sorting presents Christmas Eve


27. Favorite tradition now? Waking up with J and sharing a cup of coffee on Christmas morning

28. Favorite Christmas Memory? A gift exchange in 5th Grade...we each had to bring a $5 gift and I went out and picked a nice new gift. The day came and I excitedly took the gift to school. When it came my turn to pick a gift there was one wrapped in a paper bag with ribbon. When I opened it I found a slightly grungy, well loved bear and was disappointed. But I took it home to my mom and she looked at it and explained that it may have been a favorite toy of someone and it meant the world to them so it was the best they had to give. From that day forward I have kept that bear. He actually sits on my bookcase at work to remind me that sometimes we just need to give the best we have and not worry about the details.

0 comments: