I have my weight machine orientation next Monday evening so I'm looking forward to adding weights to my workouts.
I admit last Thursday I bailed because I had a late night at work...I was tired...I was hungry...and frankly working out was the last thing I wanted to do. But I missed it...this is good. I need to miss working out. On the weekends I plan on not working out because I'm more active anyway but if we make it there it is gravy.
As far as eating we are doing better. We are not following a set program we are just eating healthier. We are:
- Watching portions (I'm only fixing what we will eat)
- Watching types of foods (More lean meats, more vegetables, less bread, less starches, whole grain, etc.)
- Watching how I cook (Baking, Broiling, Pan Searing, etc)
- Watching going out to eat (I've been cooking at home more)
- Watching portions at restaurants (When we go out I leave food on my plate or eat half)