Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Menu Planning


I would love to tell you that I am one of those people who looks at cookbooks, websites, etc and plans her monthly menu...I'd even be happy to tell you that I do it weekly. But the reality is that it is still an aspiration. Every once in a while I'll decide to plan meals out a day or two ahead. Sometimes I'll figure it out in the morning so that meat is thawing...but most of the time I figure it out when I get home at 6:30 PM at night.

I love cooking. I do. Particularly for others. So menu planning seems like it would go hand in hand with that. But it always gets pushed to the back burner. So I go day by day figuring out what to feed us.

I have decided to set a goal. The 4th of July will start my menu planning. (I'd like to say it is symbolic but really it is just the first Sunday of the month and that makes it easy. I have even designed menu planning sheets that fit into my Franklin Covey Classic planner.

For those of you who menu plan or who want to start here is a free pdf of my menu planner. Please feel free to download and print it. You are welcome to share it on your blog but please link back to mine to do so. It is an
8 1/2 x 11 inch document that has two planners per page. If you have problems printing please let me know.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I used to plan our meals out every week and kept them in sight on the fridge. Now that we are so busy (and I'm constantly dieting) there is no longer a menu but more of a pick what box in the freezer looks best. LOL!!! XOXO

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Thanks for posting this link on Sherbert Blossom! Its a GREAT idea and I grew up using Franklin Covey planners! I'm thinkin' I need to get me a new one!