Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back in the Groove...

We drove into our driveway at 12:00 AM Sunday night after a 12 hour drive from Michigan. It was good to be home. Here are a few highlights...pictures will come later.

  • Cops seem some how less of a bother when referred to as "Sneaky Pete" we got a good laugh out of this especially since we were going in the speed limit bubble and not a concern to the cops at all. Ohio cops are sneaky...they park in almost invisible places.
  • Camping is a tad tricky when you bring two air mattresses and no tent. So we slept in one end of the camper while his parents slept in the other. No worries.
  • Signs saying "Prison Area - Don't pick up hitchhikers" are to be taken seriously. 
  • A wake-up call of a 4 year old loudly whining "I don't want to sit next to Julian" for 15 minutes at 8:00 AM is not a nice way to wake up. (Especially when it is a neighbor's child outside your open bedroom window)
  • A defense of "I forgot the subject" can work in your favor. 
  • Cheese and Beer can make a filling dinner. (or cheese and wine)
  • Summer time and camping mean eating burgers and dogs a lot. 
  • Michigan is beautiful! Detroit is not as bad as it is made out to be. 
  • Being unplugged is a good thing...no computers, minimal cell phone use, no phones ringing, little tv
  • I missed my online connections though...I've become accustomed to reading blogs every day
  • Family is a great thing to have!
  • I am blessed with an amazing group of in-laws.  
So now that we're home the to do list is coming....

  • Finish my Bead Swap Jewelry...
  • Wash clothes
  • Mow the out of control lawn (my wonderful husband sent me a text telling me it was done)
  • Cut out some more purses...
  • Finish cleaning up the house (it got left in a bit of disarray when we left)
  • Get a really cool desk from my parents house
  • Get up with friends who want to see J before he leaves
  • Come up with a name for my business
  • Get the dogs used to being back home
  • Restock the kitchen (we emptied it before we left)
  • Try some new recipes (a fig and hazelnut compote...)
  • Get back into the grove at work (with my co-worker taking the rest of the week off....surprise)
  • Catch up on blog reading (I am already admitting that this may not fully happen but I'm trying)


    0 comments: