Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Favs

Last night we went to a double feature (created by us) of Despicable Me and The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Both were great movies but completely different from each other. And both had good messages to them. (I'll elaborate on that another day) But those movies inspired a Friday Favs post.

Favorite Movies....


Princess Bride - "The Storybook Story" I read the book of this after seeing the movie and an unusual thing occurred. I liked the movie better. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has a great story and great quotes.

Dirty Dancing - "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" I first saw this movie in middle school and I loved it. I would rewind and watch the end dance over and over again.

 Cinderella Man - A true story about a boxer and his ups and downs during the Depression. This movie was emotional because of the love story but also because of the climate at the time.

Miracle - I like sports movies. I love hockey. Best of both worlds. No matter how many times I watch this I end up in tears at the end. It is also based on a true story, about the 1980 U.S. Olympic Hockey Team. It is a great story and a touching movie.

Star Trek - I am the child of trekies. I have seen most of the original Star Trek episodes, all of the original Star Trek movies, and many of the spin offs. I loved this new Star Trek movie. They did a great job with casting, story, and connecting new to old.

DodgeBall - I have never laughed so hard in my life. It has a lot of stupid humor but it is funny and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Definitely good for a laugh.

So what movies do you like? Which ones can you watch over and over?

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Dodge Ball is awesome... in the stupidest way! I love Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn anyways! When they throw wrenches at them to train, I about die everytime!

Pretty Things said...

I like The Princess Bride -- but I haven't gotten to watch a non-kid movie in ages!