Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Whirlwind weekend...

 The Griffin at Busch Gardens

As I mentioned my brother and his girlfriend (now fiance) surprised us for the weekend by coming in on Thursday. Whenever they come it is always a bit of hectic weekend but it is a blast. So Friday I took a half day at work we already leave at 3:00 PM on Fridays but I left at 12:30 PM. Then they decided they wanted to go to Busch Gardens (a local theme park) so we said we could go on base to get tickets cheaper than at the gate of the park. (a good $20 cheaper a person) And the base MWR (Morale, Welfare, & Recreation Office) we found open on the start of a holiday weekend was at the Weapons Station. A piece of advice...don't take a British citizen onto a military base on 4th of July weekend. We all showed ID and then the guard said..."Oh, she's a foreign national we have to take her ID and call the Master of Arms." So we waited and waited and waited...finally after some paperwork and some brief interviews for her and J we were allowed to go buy tickets. But in the future we will go get the tickets separate. Busch Gardens was a blast. But it was tiring. After Busch Gardens we came home and took Mom to Dairy Queen for ice cream for her birthday. My brother and his fiance wanted to go shopping at the Outlets near us Saturday morning. My brother wanted to get there first thing in the morning so he said he wanted to leave at 9:30 AM sharp. So we agreed, then we went home to take care of the dogs.

 Prime Outlets Williamsburg
Saturday we got up early to take care of the dogs. J worked on my car stereo that was having problems and we got ready to go. We pulled into the driveway at 9:30 AM. We beat my brother and his fiance. They arrived at 10:00 AM. So then we were on the road. The outlets were amazingly empty. So shopping was pleasant. But I found nothing I needed or wanted. My brother found some things then we headed back to Mom and Dad's. We went to lunch at 5 Guys. It was yummy! Then we came home and played the game Mrs. & Mr. it is like the newlywed game. J and I won...150 to 90 it was tricky but we know each other well. Then we decided since we had had a late lunch that we would have cheesecake (made by moi) for dinner. Then we called it a night and said good bye. They were heading out Sunday morning.

Sunday we were going to get up and go to church but we hit a wall. I know not a good excuse but we were exhausted. So we puttered around the house. J worked outside and I sewed a quilt (well part of it) I will post pictures later. Then we got ready and went to get Mom and Dad to head to our church for fireworks. There was a band playing and then the fireworks started at 9:00PM. They were really good!! Then we dropped Mom and Dad off and went home.

Yesterday we went to the grocery store to stock up for my planned menus. And had a nice relaxing day around the house. After dinner we took the Harley out for a ride. It had been a while...it was fun but a bit warm because we always wear jeans. Nice night all and all. And it brought the end to our whirlwind weekend of fun.