Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Real Women Have Curves

I have been giving some thought to what weight, size, etc I want to get to in my weight loss journey. And here are some things I believe.
  • Every body has a weight that it is comfortable being - now this doesn't mean I stay at 200+ lbs because I don't want to work to lose weight because my body is far from comfortable right now. I am overworking my body right now. But I don't think I would be healthy looking at 108. I'm aiming for 140-150 and then I'll decide from there.
  • Thin is only beautiful if you're meant to be thin - I am meant to have curves. I will never be willowy thin. I'm ok with this.
  • Being Healthy is more important than being a certain size - I'm losing weight to look better certainly but one of my main goals is to improve my health.
  • Realistic Goals are important - refering back to point one I think it is important to set a realistic goal for my age, activity level, etc.
  • The scale is not the only measure - there are other milestones to measure including clothing size, being able to go longer on the cross trainer, being able to lift more weight, being able to go for a longer walk, being more flexible, being healthier, and how my close (one should not type when tired) clothes fit.
  • Strength and Beauty are in the eye of the beholder - what one person may think of as too big another may think is a perfect size. What I can do and what I can endure may be different from what you can do and endure and that is ok.
  • Healthy Role Models are a good thing - Christina Hendricks (of Mad Men), Sara Ramirez (of Grey's Anatomy) and Kelly Osborne (of the Osbornes) are some of mine. 
Christina Hendricks
Sara Ramirez
Kelly Osbourne

0 comments: