Monday, June 18, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award


Mrs. Duh over at The Misadventures of Mrs. Duh nominated me (and my blog) for The One Lovely Blog Award. I am honored. The One Lovely Blog Award is a "pay it forward" kind of way to recognize your favorite blogs. 
Here are the rules:

1. Post the award logo on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers who you think deserve the award.
4. Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them him/her they have been nominated.

Seven Things About Me
(some of these you might already know)
  1. My brother is my hero. He has been since I was little. He is an amazing man, brother, and now husband to my wonderful sister-in-law. When I was about 13 I wrote him a poem called My Hero. I even wrote it using my limited calligraphy skills. He still has it in his home today. He was also Man of Honor in J and I's wedding.
  2. I love sports! Well most of them...not too big a basketball fan except College b-ball during March Madness. I currently play in two Fantasy Football leagues and love it!
  3. I can play both the bass guitar and the violin. Although it has been a while on either one so I'm not sure what it would sound like. On that same note I can read music to play an instrument but not for voice.
  4. The nickname Churchy came from one of my husband's friends when he first started dating. J is a sailor and at points in his life had been a bit of a hmm how to say this...well a player. And when R heard that the girl he was going to date worked in a church and attended church on a regular basis he wasn't sure how that was going to work out with J. So he would refer to me as Churchy in conversation. To this day R is still embarrassed that I know. I obviously found it funny since I use it on my blog.
  5. I am a procrastinator. I was told in college that it was due to the fact that I was really a perfectionist and if I put it off til the last minute it wouldn't be perfect and I could explain it as a rush job. I shrugged it off at the time because in my mind I'm far from a perfectionist. But more recently I've been noticing some perfectionist characteristics so we'll see.
  6. I believe you get what you pay for in all things. And sometimes I'm ok getting something inexpensive because it works. Other times I want to get the quality item because it lasts.
  7. I love writing, beading, and sewing. I find them to be a great outlet. But I often put them off because I just don't take the time to do them. Much like exercise I always feel better after I've done them even if it is just for a few minutes.
I Nominate...
(in no particular order)

4 comments:

elisabeth said...

Thank you so much!

Roller Coaster said...

Congratulations on your award! And thank you so much for passing it along to me. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Ahh - thanks so much!! :)

I'm in totally agreement in you get what you pay for... & some things? I dont mind being cheap either... some other things? NO WAY - worth the expense!

Alana said...

I know I'mm super late, but thanks Meg!