Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Walk to Run

The saying goes...you have to walk before you can run...so that is what I'm going to do...literally. I joined Weight Watchers meetings on Monday and they are encouraging people to get active. Between now and June 6th they want us to get to the point where we are walking (or running) a 5K (3.1 miles). At first I thought well I'll walk it...but then I thought to myself "Megan, that really isn't much of a challenge." I walk my dog about 2-2.5 miles when we walk so 3 miles would be really easy. So with some encouragement I've decided to work toward running it. And through the great website they are giving me a plan of walking/running along with some great tips. Because of the weather I've been a little slow going...freezing cold and rain don't really make good running/walking weather but it is nice today and is supposed to be for a while. So Eva and I will get our training on...might even get J out with me. I hope so...I would love for us to do walk/runs together. Wish me luck...I'll keep you posted.

1 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

You can do it!!! I just got done with my first mini marathon of 13.1 miles & I NEVER thought it was possible!!! You'll be ZIPPING right through before you know it!