Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day...

On Sunday at church our pastor preached a sermon about God our nurturing mother...it was an interesting concept that not only is God our all powerful father but God is also our all nurturing mother who gives us a home. I'm still trying to get a good grasp so when I get the sermon notes I may have another post.

He opened the sermon with the following questions...

  • where is home for you?  J and I both answered that our house is our home. It is the place where we belong and feel most at home because of who is there.
  • what is one thing you remember or think of about home? Each other
  • what is Mom's first name and/or what is your Dad's nickname for her? In my case...Jill & Mom. In his case Judith & Judy Tudy (she'd hate that being published)
  • what was one really good thing about your Mom growing up? In my case...her being home when I came home from school and chocolate chip cookies. In his case..talking to his Mom.
We are both blessed with amazing mothers who have been there through it all and loved us just the same. And now we are both blessed with wonderful mother-in-laws. Whenever we talk to his mom which isn't as often as it should be I love it. She is so sweet. And because we live near my parents I see my parents all the time.

So what about you....where is home for you? what is the one thing you remember or think of about home? what is your Mom's first name or your Dad's nickname for her? what was one really good thing about your Mom growing up?

0 comments: