Tuesday, May 18, 2010
When my husband and I were on our "honeymoon weekend" in Nag's Head I drug him to a bead shop on the way home. Well he found stuff he liked too...so we bought a shark's tooth (wire wrapped) and some other beads including lava rock to make him a necklace. This necklace has had a rough go of it...the first time I made it, the first time he wore it it broke, fortunately we saved most of the beads and I could remake it. When I remade it the clasp kept popping open and he actually lost it over the weekend but we found it. So I bought a huge lobster claw clasp to fix it. And since I've fixed it...no issues.
I have been busy cutting out all the fabric I have that has a pattern with it. I find it easier if I do bulk cutting and then bulk sewing. Last night I completed one of my purses, the Buttercup Bag by Made by Rae. I love this pattern it was well written and so easy to follow!! But I'm having a problem with the snap being a bit too tough for this fabric so I may have to reinforce it a bit. We'll see. I used a batik fabric that I love from Sew Batik.