Thursday, April 26, 2012

Food Glorious Food

1.) If you had one day to eat anything you want and not gain a single ounce what would it be?
(inspired by 
The Coffee Pot Chronicles)



I started Weight Watchers two weeks ago so this is kind of a funny question for me to answer but I love and appreciate food. So here is what I would eat in a day if I could eat anything I wanted and not gain an ounce...

  • Breakfast would start at one of my favorite places the Broken Egg Bistro... I would start with OJ and coffee. In my coffee I would have real sugar and real cream...it would be a perfect start to my breakfast...I would then have their big thick cinnamon French toast with butter and warm maple syrup. For my sides I would have their grits with butter and sugar, their thick sausage links, and scrambled eggs. Heaven on earth.
  • This would be followed by a nap because I would be in a carb loaded coma.
  • Lunch would consist of a trip to Simon and Seafort's in Anchorage, Alaska. As a child I loved going here! It was a bit of a drive from Eagle River but it was well worth it. I would order their Prime Rib French Dip, a slow roasted, thinly sliced prime rib on a grilled garlic French roll, served with housemade au jus with delicious crispy fries and a Coke. Followed by the most amazing hot, crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside housemade chocolate chip cookie of orgasmic proportions (I didn't realize this as a child but seriously you need a cigarette after and you may even walk away with JBF hair).
  • NAP (cause sleep after is always good)
  • Dinner would be a trip to the Lucern Inn in Maine. I would have their scallops,  Local sea scallops broiled with a lite rosemary butter, served with rice and seasonal vegetables. Their scallops are cooked perfectly so they melt in your mouth like butter. I would have a wonderful Pinot Grigio chilled to perfection to compliment the scallops. Following dinner I would have a piece of their chocolate French Silk Pie which is a delightful, decadent pie that is firm as the fork goes through but melts into a puddle of chocolate goodness the moment it hits your tongue. Your tongue gasps in delight at the coolness and the decadence. (Again a cigarette may be needed and you will definitely have JBF hair). 
  • SLEEP where I would have dreams of wonderfulness dancing in my head.
That would be my day of food if I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce. What would you eat? 



This prompt came from Mama Kat's Pretty Much World Famous Writer's Workshop...head on over and read some of the others and/or join up yourself.



Mama’s Losin’ It

2 comments:

Jamie Miles said...

Those scallops some so very yummy. If I was going to indulge in some seafood...I'd have to say fried oysters with lots of tartar sauce. And hush puppies of course!

Unknown said...

Holy cow, does that lunch sound good. Actually, ALL of those meals did. Yum!