But there are a lot of unknowns in deployment and some days those stress me out.
- When and where the ship will be...I am not of the paygrade to be privy to the ship's schedule. I am ok with this but it can cause some stress because I don't know where he is. He is underway in the Pacific somewhere that is all I know.
- When I'll hear from him...some days we're blessed and he is online through email a lot. Other days I only get a quick short email. And some days I don't hear from him at all. So far we've been blessed with good communication but we have had a couple times where communication was shut down from the ship. It is a tad unnerving not to hear anything at all but I try to think no news is good news.
- What is going to happen with his base...he is stationed at Yokosuka, Japan. Currently the base has voluntary evacuation and they are monitoring the levels of radiation. We are assuming they will get this under control before the ship is due back. But time will tell.
- If you want to make them laugh...tell the military your plans...oh this is so true. It stinks as a military family but it is to be lived by. I try not to get my heart set on any one thing schedule wise because if the military can they will
mess it upchange things. We are trying to make travel plans...we are buying insurance.
- Trust is important...he knows my life here...he knows my friends...my job...my routine...etc. I know nothing of his life there...his friends...his job...his routine...etc but I trust him completely and totally. He knows this and he trusts me. And really I don't think it matters if your significant other is 10 inches...10 miles...or 10,000 miles away...if you don't trust them there is a big problem. But I admit I worry about his safety when he goes out drinking or whatever because I don't know these people and I don't know if they have his back. He says they do so again I trust him.
- Patience is a virtue...there is a lot of waiting involved in life in general but the military puts it to a new level of expertise. You don't know what will happen. Anticipation and assumption can drive you crazy. So be patient...it will work out exactly as it is supposed to work out.