Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Farm Club

Mixed Box from Arganica Farm Club

The first rule of farm club is you don't talk about farm club....

Sorry I know that was a sad play on a quote from Fight Club. It is a hazard of  living with my husband.

I'm on the Living Social and they are offering a one month membership to a Farm Club with a crate of produce and a $25 gift card for future purchases. I've been debating on and off since I saw the email. I have a couple days to see. I even did a mental pros and cons list that I will share here.

Pros:
  • Good healthy local vegetables (and other food)
  • Delivered to my front door
  • Exposure to new food
  • It is just a trial
  • It's delivered to my door
Cons:
  • I'm picky about vegetables and I'm worried I'll get something I don't like
  • It is just me so I don't want to waste  food
So based on the pros and cons the pros are winning. I think I might do it. I'll keep you posted on if I do it and what I get.

Have you tried a Farm Club? Did you like it?



4 comments:

Shari said...

I've been debating it back & forth too. One thing I wasn't sure about is that our area is only available for Sunday morning deliveries. Not sure if you have to be home or not, though? And while I've only skimmed, I'm still not sure what I think about the whole returnables policy & how it would work if you only did the one-time deal.

One thing that I did see is that they'll have turkeys, and I am considering that.

So all of that to say, I have no answers, but am very curious as well! LOL

Shari said...

Huh... just went a-googlin' and it doesn't look like something that would really work for us. I can't see splitting one ear of corn three ways haha!!

Anyway, the reviews I read were at Yelp -- they might help you too:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/arganica-ruckersville?rpp=40&sort_by=date_desc

Becca said...

Love getting fresh produce boxes!!! I miss them...I was like you in that I was/am picky about my veggies...became a major stir-fry fan :) I will pretty much eat anything now except I still can't stand eggplant :)

Kristi said...

I have friends that have done it and loved it. If I were in your shoes, I would do it in heartbeat.I wish that there was one within reach but it's slim pickings in this quiet corner of New Mexico.