My weekend was a lot of fun but way too short.
Friday night I had some steaks in my freezer and I wanted to grill them but two things...there were two steaks equaling 3.5lbs of meat and I don't grill well. We have a charcoal grill and I'm not good at judging things on it cooking wise. J rocks at it he really is the grill master but I do better with a stove and an oven. So I asked my wonderful neighbor if I provided the steaks would he do the cooking. So I took my half cow over to their house and the three of us had steak, crab cakes, sweet potatoes, and garlic bread. It beat any steak place hands down. So good.
Saturday I was a bump. I got up to take care of the dogs and to pick up the yard so the same neighbor could mow. Then I napped on the couch. But I needed it. Then Mom and I went to see Hunger Games (with everyone else and their aunt and uncle). We went to a 3:00 showing and it was sold out. A few observations...
- You don't have to have read the book to enjoy the movie.
- The story line feels oddly familiar to me like a book I read in high school familiar but I can't place it.
- I think because I hadn't read the book I was missing some background material that would have been helpful.
- I liked the fact that it wasn't so graphically violent which I knew it wouldn't be because it is PG-13.
- I love that the main character Katniss is such a strong female character.
- I enjoyed the "love triangle."
- I haven't been in such a quiet theater since I saw World Trade Center.
- The cast was perfectly picked. Each actor portrayed their role brilliantly.
For now that is all I'm going to say because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. But I recommend you go see it.
Then Sunday was the usual church and errands stuff.
How was your weekend?