Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Voice: Faithfully

Last night on the Voice one of the battle duets was the song Faithfully by Journey. The song truly fit the two guys singing it because they were young family men trying to get a career started to take care of their families.  I admit I shed a few tears because their rendition was so moving. 


As I sat there watching I was struck by how appropriate this song is for a military couple. Just look at the words "restless hearts sleep alone tonight" or "and being apart ain't easy on this love affair, two strangers learn to fall in love again, I get the joy of rediscovering you." So today I leave you with the video and the lyrics.  


What song seems to be a perfect description of you life right now?






Highway run into the midnight sun 
Wheels go round and round 
You're on my mind 
Restless hearts sleep alone tonight 
Sending all my love along the wire 
They say that the road 
ain't no place to start a family 
Right down the line it's been you and me 
And loving a music man 
ain't always what it's supposed to be 

Girl 
you stand by me 
I'm forever yours 
faithfully 
Circus life under the big top world 
We all need the clowns to make us laugh 
Through space and time 
Always another show 
Wodering where I am lost without you 
And being apart ain't easy on this love affair 
Two strangers learn to fall in love again 
I get the joy of rediscovering you 

Oh girl 
you stand by me 
I'm forever yours 
faithfully 
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh 
oh oh oh oh oh oh 
faithfully 
I'm still yours 
I'm forever yours 
Ever yours 
faithfully 

3 comments:

H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H. said...

I have never been a big fan of Journey but I am going to have to say that after you pointed out the lyrics and after I listened to the song...I'm going to have to add it to my ipod. Thanks!

Mrs. Duh said...

This song perfectly describes military couples! I went to a Journey concert when my husband was deployed in 2008. They played this song and I broke down in tears in the middle of the concert! Thanks for sharing!