Thursday, March 29, 2012

Coffee: An addiction or a necessity?



3.) How did your love affair with Coffee begin? (Or Diet Coke or Tea or whatever
your beverage of choice might be.) (inspired by
 Buried With Children)
I didn't drink coffee until I started working at McDonald's when I was a freshman in college. Not only didn't I drink it I didn't like it.  Then one morning when I was opening at 5:30 am and I was dragging they suggested coffee instead of my usual Coke. I mixed a bit of creamer and sugar and took my first sip. My initial reaction wasn't love but it did the job of waking me up. And the combination of the cream, the coffee, and the sugar were delightful. It took me a while to find my perfect mixture.
Now I have a precise mixture for my cream, coffee, and sugar. I love a good well blended mocha from Starbucks and it can make a bad day better. But my favorite is a good cup of regular coffee with a good amount of cream and about two packs of sugar. The creamy goodness mixed with the warmth make everything better. On a cold or rainy day it is a perfect pick me up.
My husband picks on me because he claims I am more of a coffee flavored, sweetened, creamer girl than a real coffee drinker but it does the job. I could go without a number of things but never having coffee again would be rough. Oh and no decaf for me...it's the real stuff or no stuff.  And on days when I'm out of half and half I've been known to add Bailey's and/or Kahlua instead. Yummy!!
Thank you to Mama's Losin' It! for the topic...now head over to her site and check out the rest.



Mama’s Losin’ It

3 comments:

Patrice said...

It's a worthwhile addiction...LOL!

Joanne said...

I still can't drink coffee and enjoy it. It actually makes me sick to my stomach, but I am soooo in love with chai tea latte. Found you through Mama Kat's blog.

KatBouska said...

I think kahlua is coffee's most perfect companion. ;)