Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting Healthier

I am trying to get healthier again. Ultimately it is to lose weight but it is also to be healthier because I just feel drained. I am working on cooking and eating healthier items. And I need to get back to the Y because it is a waste of money right now.

My husband is a smoker...he has been since he was 17 he is now 34...he knows it is a bad habit and wants to quit but it is a habit/addiction and it is hard to quit. I initially worked hard getting him to quit but I've come to the conclusion it has to come from him if it is to work. And I find myself judging his habit from time to time but then I remember that I have bad habits too.

Much like my eating habits...someone else can't tell me what to eat and have it go well. So currently I'm debating what plan to go with...I've been on a few
  • Weight Watchers (I've lost count how many times)
  • Weigh Down Workshop
  • Prism
  • Lose it for Life
  • Weight Loss Forever
  • South Beach Diet
  • Dietitian 
I've contemplated a few more...
  • Jenny Craig
  • Nutrisystem
  • The B-12 Diet
They all have pros and cons...I don't like food group restrictive diets because I think your body needs some of all food groups. I like Weight Watchers but according to my dietitian they don't give me enough to eat but I like their easy to follow plan. So I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll make my pros/cons list and go from there.

0 comments: