Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Story of US...part 1

J and I are coming up on our two year anniversary of when we started dating in February and as we approach the holidays I thought I would tell you some of the story of how we met.

First some background...

Me: I started dating at age 16. Shortly after I broke up with my high school sweetheart I started dating my first husband. I got married at 21 to a man who was 9 years older. Not a wise plan...he wanted me to be where he was and I was trying to figure out who I was let alone who we were. Needless to say we both had different expectations of marriage and it didn't work out for us. We got divorced in 2004. I then dated an ex for a while...well the old addage is true...they are an ex for a reason. So in April 2005 I was single for the first time since I was 16. I decided I was not going to find the man of my dreams in a bar and where I work there isn't really a dating pool so I went online. I signed up for E-Harmony. (Another story for another day) Then I signed up with Match.com...better but still not working out. So when my friend recommended Yahoo I said "why not" and signed up.

Him: He had been single for years by choice and then thought he found the right woman and got married. Well needless to say it didn't work out. Her loss would be my gain.

In November of 2007 I sent a "wink" to J by December having not heard anything I decided cancel my membership and go another route. Well sometime in January I receive this message back from J explaining that his sister had killed his computer in November/December and he had just gotten it back up. We talk through IM every night learning all kinds of things about each other from family to favorite foods to work. He surprisingly was not thrown off by my working in a church. We decided to meet. From that night on it was set...we went to lunch the next day and talked about religion, exes, etc and determined that we were going to be exclusive with each other. And the rest is history...to follow at a later date.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Fun! I met hubby in Yahoo!Chat on accident 10 years ago!