Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If you don't have something nice to say....

don't say anything at all.

I think every child has heard this from their mothers at one time or another. I know I heard it from my Mom, my Granny, my teachers, etc.

This past Saturday my hubby and our friends S, J, T, A, and M all went to a local dance club (country bar, hey we're in the south this is what we have to work with) well it is a meat meet market for local singles. We only went because we didn't want our friend S to get stuck. Well S, J, and I are all fairly good sized girls...size 18 and above but we are ok with it because we are working on it. Apparently the young guys in the place feel it is ok to give commentary about whatever they want.

We were trying to move through the crowd when a young guy made the comment "make room for the big girls" that only my hubby heard. He said he almost decked the guy. I told him the guy wouldn't have been worth decking. I just would have looked at him and said "yeah we have to get the small di*&ed guys out of the way." I know two wrongs don't make a right but really what gives him the right to make comments like that.

Then later a group of guys made a comment about my friend S that they were surprised she could move so well for her size. I'm sorry when did it become acceptable to make commentary like that. How totally narrow minded really.

We have decide to bypass that place from now on. We are past the single drama and frankly that isn't a good place to meet "the rest of your life" man...it is more the place to meet "the rest of tonight man." Now that isn't to say that there aren't nice guys there. There are but obviously some idiots too.

2 comments:

Catie said...

Yuck, people like that are really quite rude, and you're right, not worth your time! Try not to let it get you down too much. Maybe that's why all those people in there are single- cause they don't know how to be nice! (not to say all single people are mean of course ;) )

Pretty Things said...

I so completely understand. Been there. I'm either invisible or ridiculed. And knowing that the idiots who say these sorts of things are 99% of the time saying it because THEY have low self esteem doesn't help me feel better at all.

So come and vent to me ANY time.

Drinks are on me.