Monday, July 11, 2011

Perspective

"Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday." Wear Sunscreen by


It is amazing to me how time and time again my life is put into perspective. I have things going on in my life I worry about a husband in Japan, my parents divorce, my father getting remarried, my friends, my health, etc. But all of those were put into perspective last week. A dear friend was diagnosed with cancer and has begun a frightening and unknown journey in dealing with it. He is like a family member to me. I can't imagine what he and his wife are going through and I realize the only thing I can do at this point is pray. And appreciate what I have  in my life and the blessings that God has given me. So I encourage you to focus on your blessings and try and limit worrying because truly real troubles will blindside you when you least expect it.

Please say a prayer for my friend J and his family.

0 comments: