Thursday, April 12, 2012

Please Won't You Be My Neighbor

Source
I am currently blessed with amazing neighbors (on one side)! They are so helpful and great friends. He kindly mows my lawn every week or two while J is away. She is a pet nanny and will check in on the cats and the puppies if needed. She has also helped me walk the dogs on occasion. He has fixed my lawn mower, weed wacked my yard, and even put down fertilizer. When we got a big snow he and another neighbor kindly shoveled my driveway. It is truly wonderful to live next door to friends. We get together for dinner, drinks, and general chatting. I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful neighbors.

Now on the other side is a strangely recluse man. He is friendly enough when he talks to you. But I think he is scared of me. And he has a lady friend who sometimes stays with him who is delightful. But he comes and goes at the oddest hours day and night 10:00 pm, 12:00 am, 3:00 am, etc. You may ask how nosy am I? Well it's like this...his driveway is right below our bedroom window and right next to our kitchen window so we hear him coming and going at all hours. The kicker is he sometimes wakes our dogs which in turn wakes me. One night at 2:00 am he and his lady friend got into a screaming match in the driveway. I almost called the cops. They also had a dog for a bit but no fence so they would let her run around. Well on more than one occasion she and my dogs had a run in with each other (I walk mine on leashes in the yard). Then they just chained her out which meant she sat there and barked. Fortunately for the dog she has found a new home. Currently we don't have a fence between our strange neighbor and us...I'm getting estimates so I can get a bit of privacy in our backyard. As they say...fences make the best neighbors.

I guess you never know what you'll get when you move into a neighborhood. Honestly even with the strange neighbor I feel pretty blessed to have great neighbors on one side and good neighbors around me.

This was inspired by:


Mama’s Losin’ It

Head on over and check it out!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a crazy neighbor! My Mom has a reclusive older man that lives next door to her and he too would leave the house at all hours of the night!