Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Randomness

 Ok I'm slightly annoyed I had a nice long post about Random things typed up and when I hit publish only the last two came up so I'm retyping this with the hope that I will remember everything. Grrr...

  • Whitney Houston - I'm sorry she died and I truly feel for her daughter. I hope we don't get too caught up in making her into something bigger than she should be just because she died younger than she should have. 
  • Snow - I love snow and on Saturday night we got a whole inch (in this area that's a big deal to me that's nothing) and it was very pretty on Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon it had melted.
  • Knee Update -  I went to the Dr this morning and she wants me to increase my ibuprofen usage she seems to think this will take care of the worst of it for now. This made me happy since I didn't want surgery at all.
  • Shamrock Marathon/Towne Point 8K -I'm still ok to do the 8K but I need to walk it NO RUNNING and I need to pace myself so back to training I go! 

  • Knitting - my cowl is almost done then I plan on moving on to a hat for the hubby. I'll post pictures when it is done.

  • Deployments are easy huh? - a girlfriend of mine has been dating a military guy for the past 5 months and they are unfortunately going to experience their first deployment (her first not his). On Saturday she told me "the deployment will be easy, I'm not worried about it at all, I know I can handle it because it's easy." I pray it is easy for her but in the event that it is not I will be there to support her however I can.
  •  Stirring the Pot - the original post by an young Army wife that contained anti-Guard material is gone but there have been responses all over the MilSpouse community. I admit I had some negative responses of my own but I think Wife on a Roller Coaster had the best response on her blog.
  • Redecorating - I need want to do something to our bedroom. I want to get new bedding, new curtains, new paint, everything. I think part of this is having him gone and part of this is spring fever. I haven't decided what exactly but here are some of my inspirations...
Amy Butler Morning Blossom Sheet Set
Home by Steve Madden, Sanibel Comforter Set

Natori Bedding, Sumatra Collection


1 comments:

Shari said...

I can't wait to see what you end up doing with your bedroom!

Glad that you might be able to manage the knee with ibuprofen. I don't blame you in the least for not wanting surgery.

A friend and I have started a random thoughts feature called Stream of Consciousness Sunday. If you like doing random thought roundups, we'd love to have you come over & join us. :-)

http://rainintorainbows.com/2012/02/10/introducing-stream-of-consciousness-sunday/