Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Knitting

I have lost count of the many times Mom has tried to teach me to knit and failed. Well she hasn't failed I have. I struggled with dropped stitches and other frustrations. So I quit...

Recently I found myself drawn to patterns for leg warmers and cowls. Both of which involved knitting. Now I could have gone the easy route and have Mom knit them but I decided to have her try teaching me again. This time she taught my sister-in-law and myself. I love it. I finally got it. Now to be fair I had to restart multiple times so now I'm really good at casting on but I got it. I fell in love with Madelinetosh's pattern for the Honey Cowl and I'm working on a pretty silver (with sequins) cowl for myself. Then I plan on making a black one for myself then I may branch out and make them for friends. We'll see. The next project I'd like to work on is my legwarmers but one project at a time.

Here is my progress so far...
17 Rows Done!!
A closer look
It's a work in progress

1 comments:

Shari said...

Oh, my gosh. You have got to read my latest post LOL.

I love the color of that yarn btw.

Oh, and wanna meet for coffee sometime soon? And, you know, teach me how to knit? ;-)