Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Neglectful sort of...

I've been a bit neglectful of my blog of late. Part of it is a crazy schedule thanks to work. And part of it has been some of the stuff going on and not going on in my life of late that I've been trying to wrap my head around enough to blog about it. So here it is possibly disjointed...definitely unfiltered...and completely honest. So be warned...Megan...Raw.

Diet...Exercise...I haven't been doing so well at this the past few weeks. I completely forgot to log on to Scale Junkie this week mainly because I didn't do my weekly update. I haven't been to WW in a few weeks mainly because of schedules but really because I'm lacking motivation. This week I did go to the commissary and restock so I have good, healthy food in my house. I'm doing better. But due to some stress eating I ate a whole box of coconut clusters. I emotionally eat chocolate like J smokes cigarettes...is there such a thing as chain eating? As far as exercise I haven't been able to work out due to my knee but I've gone to physical therapy. But I feel like it is a rip off to pay $25 a session to do exercises I could easily do at home. So I'm going to talk to my Orthopedic Surgeon about that. And suggest a gym membership instead. We'll see. It is frustrating to me that I have lost my motivation...but I'm working on it to get it back.

Work...work has kept me busy. It usually does but this week has brought many frustrations due to lack of knowledge on my part. I used to be really good a few programs/things. Now I'm OK at a number of things...I'm dull on my skills. I want to get better. I'm looking into classes for InDesign, Photoshop, etc. I used to know Quark and Pagemaker well but InDesign is the current standard. Besides a Covey would say it is good to sharpen your saw.

Church...we joined the church the beginning of August in a combined service which both of us determined was not our cup of Joe. But due to other conflicts we haven't made it to our church the past two weeks. We miss it. We miss hearing Pastor Carl. He rocks as a preacher.

Home...J is up for a new assignment come March of next year. The options aren't looking so great. One of the best to give you an idea is a solo tour to Japan for three years. It means more money. But money can't buy everything. And it would mean three years apart and probably only seeing each other once a year. Which would suck...a lot. So we have some decisions ahead of us that could take a bit of prayer and cause some stress. Also we are headed to his family reunion the end of this month which if he does this will be even more important so he can see his family before he goes.

Wedding...J and I have been together for about a year and a half. We love each other dearly. We know we want to get married. We are not engaged. But we wrestle with the best way to do our wedding. With his family, my family, and our friends we're looking at around 150 people roughly. And I've got this down to bare bones. He has seven brothers and sisters and most of them have spouses and/or children. So right there we have close to 50 people. So if you have ideas, suggestions, etc. Think intimate, informal, fun, etc. wedding.

0 comments: