Friday, August 28, 2009

Some people...

People fascinate me. They always have. But some people just manage to annoy me with their obliviousness to others. I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work this morning and there was a young woman behind me in line. She was very fashionable with the maxi dress, cute shoes, the Coach bag and sunglasses. But she was totally oblivious to anyone around her. She seemed like she was in her own little world and functioning there very well. A gentleman was trying to pick up a drink and she was standing against the counter where they put the finished drinks. He tried to move around her but she didn't seem willing to move. He said excuse me still nothing. Finally he said excuse me a bit louder and she moved but just barely. Then my drink came up and there was a similar routine. Now if she'd been on the phone I could see it but nope no luck there. Just oblivious. Now to be fair...maybe she just isn't a morning person and she hadn't had her coffee but she just seemed amazingly oblivious.

0 comments: