Thursday, October 13, 2011

Addicted


I am realizing I have an addictive personality. I have three major addictions. Food, TV, and biting my nails. I have managed to control my nail biting since about 2003. I still pick but overall I leave them alone. As for TV and Food they are harder.

I love food. I love sweet. I love spicy. I love salty. I love grilled. I love fried. I think you get the picture. I once described to my husband the sensation I get eating a piece of chocolate or drinking a Coke he laughed and said it sounded like a cigarette. I honestly think it is similar. There are days where I lust after chocolate or Coke. I'm working on this and I admit planning ahead is the biggest help for me. If I keep myself full of good stuff I crave less. Also if I allow myself to feel my feelings instead of hiding them with food I do better.

Now TV is a different creature altogether. I have a DVR so I just set it to record everything I want to watch then I go back and watch it. I spend less time watching because I skip commercials but I still spend a lot of time watching. I think right now it is my company. With J being gone being at home can get a little lonely and my beloved dogs can only do so much. So I keep the TV on to entertain and keep myself company. I know that TV is not the best thing to connect with but for now it will remain an addiction. Although tonight I'm going to go to the Y to workout and hopefully watch Charlie's Angels. I'll see how that goes.

What are your addictions?



1 comments:

Mrs. Duh said...

I am with you on the TV! I am home alone a lot, so it's easy to entertain myself and get involved with TV shows! My other addiction is Baked Flamin' Hot Cheetos... I can't get enough of them!! I also have a slight obsession with Yankee Candles. I love to have them in every room, and usually have one burning all the time. I love to have my house smelling good!