Monday, November 25, 2013

Trader Joe's Yumminess

Source
If you know me it is no secret I love Trader Joe's. When they first opened I didn't understand all the hype until I went and tried a few items then I loved it. The other day I really wanted grilled cheese and soup for dinner so I decided to pick up the items I needed. First I should say I'm not a huge tomato soup fan I find it pretty bland. So I decided to change it up a bit. I bought TJ's Creamy Tomato soup, TJ's Pesto Tortellini, and TJ's fresh Parmesan cheese, TJ's Tuscan bread, TJ's Smoked Gouda, and TJ's Muenster Cheese.

For the sandwich it's pretty easy...

Make a cheese sandwich and butter the outsides of the bread, grill until golden brown. And enjoy! (I used one slice of bread cut in half for my sandwich, my hubby used two slices of bread.) You could add bacon if you're so inclined.

For the soup...

Pour the creamy tomato in the pan and let warm up. Pour the thawed (they come thawed but you can freeze them) tortellini in the soup, put about a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning in the soup, and about 1/4 cup of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Stir frequently. Keep the heat around medium so it gets warm but doesn't burn.When the tortellini get soft (about 10 minutes or so) scoop into bowl sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese to garnish.

Enjoy the warmth and gooeyness!  

0 comments: