Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm getting older...

So I'm not sure when this happened but I'm getting older. How do I know this? Well the obvious signs...gray hairs, youth that I babysat when they were 5 years old are now graduating from college, music and tv shows that were new when I was young are now "classic," clothing I wore is now making a "come back", and of course looking at myself in the mirror. Although I've been told I really haven't changed much since high school.

OK...pictures...see for yourself...

My high school graduation picture...1995....

My profile picture from 2006. You be the judge...lol








Another major thing that is telling me I'm getting older...friends parents dying. I'm not sure when my generation got old enough to start losing parents. Some had died due to cancer but now we're losing them to age. A friend of mine's (from youth group) mother died this week. I hadn't really talked to my friend or her mother in years but I adored her mother. She was the kind of woman who brought enthusiasm and joy to everything she did. She was a teacher and taught many both in and out of school. She will be missed. And my heart and prayers go out to my friend. I can't imagine losing my Mom. The thought makes me teary eyed. I know that her mother is in a better place but I'm sure my friend would rather have her here. Life is short...tell those around you that you love them often. And pray for those who have lost loved ones.

0 comments: