Thursday, July 9, 2009

Light Bulb Moment

I love when I come to a realization that has been staring me in the face. I eat much more when I am frustrated at work. And right now my co-worker is on vacation...we cover many aspects of each other's jobs when one of us is gone. Right now I'm tired and stressed and eating candy like I'm in the Willy Wanka factory. Not good. The day is almost over. Good.

But I do have a recipe to share....

Crescent Pizza Rolls (Point value depends on toppings)
1 pkg. reduced fat crescent rolls...I used Kroger brand last night they worked great.
1 pkg. light Jimmy Dean Sausage (could also use Canadian Bacon or Turkey Pepperoni)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 -3/4 pizza sauce
sliced black olives
sliced mushrooms

Preheat oven to temperature on the crescent roll pan. Cook the sausage and drain well. I spread mine out on paper towels to absorb grease. Mix cheese and olives into sausage. Unroll crescent rolls on a cookie sheet. (I unrolled mine so there were four down each side with the wide part facing the center) Spread pizza sauce over the wide part of the crescent and a little up the narrow part. If using mushrooms lay them on the wide part. Divide your sausage mixture evenly among the rolls. Roll the narrow part over the mixture and "tuck" it under the wide part. Bake rolls for about 10 minutes or until golden. Let sit for a minute. Enjoy! I think kids would love these. I know J did.

0 comments: