Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weight Watcher Weigh-In Week 13

Ok so apparently I celebrated a bit too early on my weight-loss victory last week. Apparently I didn't do so well this week. Although they changed my medication again so I'm going to my doctor Thursday to see if that is part of the problem. And Mom made a good point...I'd have to have eaten 10,000 calories extra this week to make up the 3.2 lbs. I know I didn't so I'm going with water weight thanks to medication, not enough water, and Virginia summer. I know it sounds like an excuse but I did eat well this week.

Weigh-In

Weigh-in: + 3.2
Total: -5.8

Meeting Topic: Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables
I admit I love fruits and veges but I'm bad about eating them. She discussed some ideas for getting more. Homemade salsa, strawberry salsa, mixing them in sauces, salads, Caramel Apple Salad, etc. Most people admitted they got tired of eating the same fruits and vegetables over and over again so she suggested picking up a new fruit or vegetable or using a different recipe for a common one.

After the meeting...I had a few other errands to run one of which took me over by the new Fresh Market. If you have one of these near you you must go. They are wonderful. The produce department could have kept me entertained for hours beautiful vegetables and fruit. Cherries, plums, peaches, apples, bananas, leaf lettuce, celery, artichokes, baby artichokes, asparagus, white asparagus, etc. a wonderful blend. So since I had just learned about getting more fruits and vegetables I went a bit crazy. I bought some fresh raspberries, celery, carrots, cauliflower, organic french vanilla yogurt, whole grain granola, Happy Belly juice, and some spinach/artichoke dip for a dinner I was going to later that night.

And next time I go I'm definitely getting some of the wonderful meat from the butcher. It was so fresh looking. I think for J's birthday we are going to get some of the filets and grill them.

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Ooooh, I love Fresh Markets. And there are some fruits I can eat every day and never get tired of them. :-)
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got some great finds at your fresh market! I'm jealous that I dont have one around here!