Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's Cookin'?

I love...love...love to cook for other people. For myself I could live on Romen noodles and Kraft Mac & Cheese. And I love Weight Watchers recipes. For the most part they are easy to cook and don't take a ton of time at least the ones I make.



My husband's favorite Chinese Take-Out is General Tso's Chicken...but of course the traditional version isn't so healthy. I made a Food Network recipe that I wasn't so fond of because it was time consuming, high in calories, and the sauce was runny. So I made us a Weight Watcher's version the other night and it was wonderful. And easy...you mix soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, white wine vinegar, and ground ginger. Then in a pan you heat oil, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes for a few minutes. Then you toss in the cut up chicken to cook...until brown then stir in the other sauce mixture and cook until it thickens. So yummy!! Definitely a keeper.

Another favorite that I'm making this week is WW Chicken Fried Rice. I love this recipe too. The first picture is while it is cooking and the second is on my plate. It tastes yummy!!

0 comments: