Monday, August 23, 2010

Bikes, Blood, & Birthdays

You may be asking yourself what do these have in common....they were all involved in my weekend.

Friday - We rode the bike over to Bayside to watch Ghostrider on  their lawn. It was fun! We like that movie and watching it out in the open was a lot of fun and we had a nice evening for it. We did determine that drivers on the interstate (most of them) don't pay enough attention to bikers. They didn't realize we needed space too.

Saturday - We woke up and took care of  then I made breakfast. Then we took the bike back over to Bayside for their 12th anniversary. They had three ways to help the community...you could give hair to locks of love, you could donate food to the Food Bank, or you could give blood to the Red Cross. We decided to give blood...but J was too close to the last time he gave so he couldn't. I gave and had the worst experience with them finding a vein that I have ever had in my whole life. It took three people digging (literally) to find a vein. And then they commented it was slow...gee maybe because you stressed the vein. But I gave my pint. We ate some lunch and headed home.

A dear friend of ours was throwing a birthday party for her Mom so we went to that for a while Saturday afternoon. It was a lot of fun we saw people we hadn't seen in a while. And got to celebrate with her Mom. When I got home I realized I was quite sunburned on my back and shoulders.

Sunday - We had a relaxing morning. Then we went grocery shopping. Then we came home and fixed lunch. We spent the evening watching John Wayne movies...J loves them. I sewed a couple things. One of which didn't work according to plan. I'm not sure what happened so I'm going to have to revamp that one a bit. I don't know if I'll tear it apart and start over or if I'll just leave it and cut out new fabric. We'll see. I hate ripping things out.

So how was your weekend?

P.S. There will be three giveaways this week...a fabric one, a bead one, and a finished project one. I'll have pictures and entry options up tomorrow for the fabric one, Wednesday for the bead one, and Thursday for the finished project one. I haven't decided if I'll draw all together or if they'll be separate.

0 comments: