Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in

(imagine a picture here of the fill-in logo blogger and I are having issues)

Head over to Wife of a Sailor and link up!

This week’s questions are:
1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
Currently since my husband is 9000 miles away I would say my iPhone definitely. It goes everywhere with me. It is like a lifeline sad I know but while he is deployed it will be with me always and I will check it all the time.
2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
I think as a child I thought I'd have a different job. I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. But things change and I love my life. Although I'd love to have my hubby home... :-)
3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe?  submitted by Our First Deployment
French Silk pie...a little piece of chocolatey heaven in your mouth. Might even say orgasmic...

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I try to do self care. I spend time with friends, I spend time doing things I like to do, I've recently taken up exotic dancing classes and I love it!!
5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment?  submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Be patient with yourself. It will be hard at first but it gets less hard. Also realize that you have the strength to do this and you will be ok. Accept that you will have good days and bad days. Let yourself have both. Keep busy. And most of all Take Care of Yourself!!!

1 comments:

beth @ {expeditionaryfamily} said...

that's very good advice for a first-time deployment. there's so much pressure to get it all done and done right when the spouse is deployed...and even to take care of the things they used to do. i eventually accepted that i will never be as organized as my husband, and just focused on doing my best. :) great perspective!