Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dancing with the Stars: A Testimony

J.R. & Karina dancing
First off...I've watched Dancing with the Stars for a number of seasons and I have never thought the finals were as well balanced as they were this season. To me J.R., Ricki, and Rob all deserved to win the mirror ball trophy. And I was shocked that Ricki was the 3rd place winner but all of them were so good.

Now onto my point. I am beyond thrilled that J.R. won! And here's why...he went through a horrific experience in Iraq having been injured during an explosion. He spent 34 months in recovery at BAMC and underwent 33 different surgeries including skin grafts and cosmetic surgery. He certainly  had his struggles in the recovery process. And I think his winning Dancing with the Stars (yes I know it's just a dance competition) speaks volumes about what you can do when you put your mind to it. Life certainly has it's share of stumbling blocks and J.R.'s has had some big ones but he has overcome them. I hope his acting and his participating in and winning Dancing will be an inspiration to others. I hope when people look at them they'll see that with faith, tenacity, and strong will they can do whatever they want to do. I really think he has a gift of inspiration and I hope other military men and women will be inspired.

For more information about his story...please check out his website.

1 comments:

Taylor {OurMilitaryHome.com} said...

I was pulling for Ricki but am proud of JR!