Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2011 vs 2012


5.) Okay okay I have to ask…what are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2012 and/or how did 2011′s resolutions turn out?


I didn't set formal Resolutions for 2011 but my informal Resolutions included:
  • Getting healthier - I realize now that this is very general and I should have specified a bit more but I took steps to get healthier. In January I decided to lead a a weight loss Bible Study called First Place 4 Health that covered the balancing my life. As part of First Place it encourages you to exercise and follow the Food Pyramid for eating.
  • Walking at least two 5Ks - In 2011 I walked three 5Ks (The Wounded Warrior 5K, the Newport News Shipbuilding 5K, and the Frosty 5K)
  • Cook at home more often - I admit this was my hardest. When J was home it was easy I planned the menu and did the grocery shopping (he'd go sometimes too) and he would cook the meals.
  • Getting our debt paid down - We are doing better on this but there is still a lot to get through.
Here are my Resolutions for 2012
  • To read the Bible daily and do my Bible Study daily instead of all in one day. I'll admit I haven't gotten off to a great start on this. But it is early.
  • To walk regularly so I'm ready for the 8K, 10K and possible 10 miler that I want to do in 2012. It has been freezing cold in the mornings so I'm reluctant to take my big babies dogs out for walks because they don't like the cold. And it is far more tempting to cuddle with them than to get up and go to the gym. I know I need to work on this.
  • To eat healthier and to start eliminating artificial foods from my every day diet. I'm doing better with this because even when I eat out I'm picking real foods.
  • To create a meal plan and to cook at home more often. I haven't started this yet I need to get my kitchen cleaned out of the junk that I don't want or need then I'll be off.
  • To get our credit cards paid off. We are working on a plan for this. I think we are going to use Mint.com to help us out.
  • To take some classes to expand my knowledge for work. I'm looking at schedules to figure out when I can take these.
  • To continue yoga and dance classes. And to add weight lifting to my weekly schedule. Wednesday night I went back to Yoga...Thursday my body reminded me I went back to Yoga...Saturday I'm signed up for a dance class.
Thank you to Mama Kat for the writing prompt!! I encourage you to head over to her site and check it out and join up!

0 comments: