Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!

It is still hard for me to believe that it is 2012. It seems like we just started 2011. (It's also hard to believe I'll have to work a mostly full week this week.)

I'm looking forward to 2012 my hubby comes home for R&R in the fall so that is my main excitement but I have others I'm focusing on too.

I've decided that 2012 will be my year. I want to get healthy. I have too many health issues looming in my family to ignore my health so this year I'm dedicating to me. I've done a number of 5Ks but I'm working toward my first 8K in March. As I said in my Motivation post I'm looking for my motivation but I know that I need to get working on my walking and other exercise to be in shape for that walk.

Next week we start back up with First Place 4 Health so I'll have my official weigh-in next Thursday. Yippee!! Although I don't think it will be too bad because I haven't noticed my clothes getting crazy tight so I'm optimistic. We'll see.

I've also decided to work on cooking at home more. Over the holidays I got very relaxed about going out for lunch and dinner. I need to focus on meals at home and leftovers for lunches. I also want to expand my eating so I've decided to branch out and try some new foods like brussel sprouts and maybe even spaghetti squash. The other day at Uno's I had the most delicious brown rice pilaf with dried cranberries. So I'm looking for new and different recipes to bring some interest to my cooking. For brussel sprouts I found a maple glazed roasted recipe from Weight Watchers and a Balsamic glazed roasted recipe from Pioneer Woman. I'll let you know which one I decide and how they turn out.

So what are you looking forward to in 2012?

0 comments: