Monday, January 9, 2012

Time...


I am fascinated by time...

It always seems like I should have more of it and yet I don't. In a day it seems like I get up...take care of the dogs...get my breakfast...talk to J on the phone (while he's in port)...get ready for work...work...come home...take care of the dogs...get my dinner...watch a bit of tv (or go to a yoga class, etc)...then get ready for bed and start all over again.

When J left I had these illusions that I would have all this time to bead and sew and get stuff done around the house but I just don't seem to have the time or the energy. I wish I knew how to find the time and/or the energy. Part of it is just doing it instead of just thinking about doing it. But it just seems like time gets away from me so easily.

And yet when it comes to the count down of J coming home it seems like forever away. But at work we have a calendar meeting this week and so we are talking about our events for the year. So I know this year will fly by like they always do. We are in January and yet soon it will be June and then September and then December again. It is funny how time just ticks by.

So what about you guys does time stand still or fly by?



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think time flew by this past year! I too had all these ideas of things I would accomplish when my husband was deployed, but like you time just escaped me. I'm pretty happy about it though, we are into month 9 and one step closer to him being home!